Rybarczyk, Brian J.
Teaching Professor, Assistant Dean for Academic and Professional Development of The Graduate School, Associate Director SPIRE Postdoctoral Fellowship
101 Graduate Student Center
(919) 962-2505 (office)
BIOL 324: Molecular Basis of Disease (Spring)
- Rybarczyk, BJ. 2011. Building Students’ Visual Literacy Skills: Teaching Beyond the Textbook. Journal of College Science Teaching, 41(4): 106-114.
- Rybarczyk, BJ, Lerea, L, Lund, EP, Whittington, D, Dykstra, L. 2011. Postdoctoral Training Aligned with the Academic Professoriate. Bioscience, 61(9): 699-705.
- Rybarczyk, BJ and Walton, K. 2009. Hypothesis Modification Activity. In Lord, French, and Crow, eds. Guide to Assessment. Society for College Science Teachers. NSTA Press, Arlington, VA.
- Rybarczyk, BJ. 2008. Molecular Evolution: HIV Drug Targets and Resistance. Evolution: Education & Outreach, 1(2): 184-188. DOI: 10.1007/s12052-007-0024-5
- Rybarczyk, BJ. 2008. Molecular Evolution: The HIV Envelope Protein. Evolution: Education & Outreach, 1(2): 179-183. DOI: 10.1007/s12052-007-0023-6
- Rybarczyk, BJ. 2007. Tools of Engagement: Using Case Studies in Synchronous Distance Learning Environments. Journal of College Science Teaching. 37(1): 31-33.
- RybarczykBJ, Baines AT, McVey M, Thompson, J, Wilkins H. 2007. A case-based approach increases student learning outcomes and comprehension of cellular respiration concepts. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. 35(3): 181-186.
- Rybarczyk, BJ and Walton, K. 2006. Feedback as a Learning Opportunity. In Teaching Tips – Best Practices for College Science Teaching. Society for College Science Teachers.
- Rybarczyk, BJ. 2006. Incorporating Primary Literature into Science Learning. In Handbook of College Science Teaching. Eds. Mintzes, J.J. and Leonard, W.H. NSTA Press, Arlington, VA.
- Rybarczyk, BJ, Heck, W, Novicki, A. 2005. The Campus Coffee Shop: Caffeine Conundrums. National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science, Buffalo, NY. http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/
- Baines, A, McVey, M, Rybarczyk BJ, Thompson, J, and Wilkins, H. 2004. The Mystery of the Toxic Flea Dip: an interactive approach to teaching aerobic cellular respiration. Cell Biology Education, 3(1), 62-68.
How to Write a Personal Statement
- Sell Yourself Part 1: http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_development/previous_issues/articles/2006_01_06/sell_yourself_guidance_for_developing_your_personal_statement_for_graduate_school_application
- Sell Yourself Part 2: Refining the Personal Statement